Joint SPARC DynVar - SNAP Meeting (Oct. 2023)
A joint SPARC DynVar - SNAP Meeting on "The Role of Atmospheric Dynamics for Climate and Extremes" will take place from 9-13 October 2023 at the LMU in Munich, Germany. It is organized by Thomas Birner and Hella Garny and co-funded by W2W.
The scientific program will include:
- Links of atmospheric circulation to weather and climate on subseasonal to centennial timescales
- The role of stratosphere-troposphere coupling in predictability of tropospheric climate and surface weather extremes
- The influence of climate model biases on uncertainty in predictions and projections
- Emerging dynamical constraints to understand and reduce projection uncertainties
- Mechanistic understanding of dynamic coupling, teleconnections, and trends
- For free online participation, please send an email to Barbara Baumann (email@example.com) with the following subject: "Registration for online participation, DynVar/SNAP workshop" before 22 September 2023. We will send relevant information for online participation 1-2 weeks before the workshop.
- For accomodation in Munich, we do not have particular recommendations or block reservations. There are plenty of hotels near the conference venue. If you would like some guidance, here is a list of hotels that are commonly booked by university visitors.